By looking at the dazzling and colorful explosions created by fireworks one may at times become desirous of exploring their manufacturing process. Following are some tips for people who want to make their own crackers: –
– The first and foremost step in making crackers is to be aware of the variants available in the market. Some of the popular varieties of fireworks include smoke bombs, sparklers and cannons. While smoke bombs are known for their colorful smoke, cannons are popular for vigorous explosions. Sparklers on the other hand produce a plethora of bright colors when ignited. Different fireworks have different attributes and hence they differ from each other in their manufacturing process. One cannot standardize one method for making all kinds of crackers.
– For making fireworks, the subsequent step is to gather essential raw materials required for the manufacturing process. The list of raw materials primarily includes gummed kraft tape, ball mills, paper tubes, paper shells and fuses. In addition to this, one requires the chemicals which are necessary for ignition.
– After one has gathered the required raw materials the next step is to manufacture the fireworks. There are detailed instructions furnished on the packets of the fireworks making products. It is advisable for the buyer to read them thoroughly. One should be careful while handling the chemicals since they have the potential to cause serious damages. There are many websites which provide a wealth of information on how to make fireworks safely. It is wise for people to refer to those sites when preparing firecrackers.
There are countries/states where making of fireworks have many legal implications. In some parts of the world a layman has to go through many legal proceedings to obtain a license for making fireworks. Therefore it is advisable for people to be aware of the legal scenarios of their respective areas before indulging into fireworks making.
Fireworks form an integral part of every happy occasion. Fireworks sellers are constantly innovating to come up with new varieties of crackers for enthralling their customers. One of the amazing genres of firecrackers is the smoke bomb. There are different variants of smoke bombs which include smoke candles, smoke canisters and smoke balls. When ignited these firecrackers proliferate a gush of smoke for which remains for about 12 to 15 seconds. Superior quality smoke bombs continue giving out smoke for about a couple of minutes.
Smoke bombs give out smoke in different colors. There are some high quality smoke bombs which produce dense smoke which generally is a blend of seven different colors. Due to the immense popularity of smoke bombs, online fireworks sellers provide attractive discounts and incentives on them.
A smoke bomb is primarily composed of inorganic substances like sodium bicarbonate and potassium chlorate. In order to reduce the intensity of the blast the inorganic compounds are amalgamated with minimal quantities of sugar and baking soda. Smoke bombs are facilitated with small pores which act as a vent for the heat. The bombs which emit colored smoke have some organic compounds as their prime element in their composition.
The making of smoke bombs requires high professional skills and it is advisable for people not to try making them at home. While lighting smoke bombs one should avoid wearing those clothes which are prone to catch fire (especially silk apparels).
Owing to the increased popularity of smoke bombs online fireworks sellers are coming up with new improvisations on the product. In addition to this online retail stores also offer attractive incentives on their offerings related to smoke bombs.
Although you can easily buy smoke bombs from one of several fireworks stores, if you want to make them on your own, here is how you can do it.
To make colored smoke bombs, you will need saltpetre or potassium nitrate (KNO3) and table sugar or sucrose. Now mix Potassium Nitrate and table sugar. In the presence of heat, Potassium Nitrate reacts with appropriate quantities of sugar to produce a slow combustion process with little flame and plenty of smoke.
If you want to produce more smoke, you may use brown sugar.
It is advisable to grind and refine the ingredients separately as too much refining can cause the mixture to ignite before the bomb is prepared. When they have a fine enough consistency, mix water to form a paste-like substance.
Now make lumps out of this paste and leave it to dry for about a day in a well secured, cool and dry room. When the bomb mass becomes clayish, you can use it.
For making colored smoke bomb, you may add a pinch of sodium bicarbonate to the solution that you had prepared. You may also add some organic dyes in to the mixture.
Your colored smoke bombs are ready!
A smoke bomb is a smoke inducing device made of different ingredients and materials such as sugar, potassium nitrate a.k.a. saltpeter, skillet or pan and aluminum foil. It produces smoke when it is lit. Smoke bombs are made using a standard chemical formula.
These fireworks are effectively used in airsoft games, paintball games, and many other applications. Below given steps will help you know how a smoke bomb is made:
- Pour potassium nitrate and sugar into the skillet in the ratio of 3:2. Using 5:3 ratio is also a good option for making a smoke bomb.
- Apply low heat to the skillet and stir the mixture. Remove the pan from the heat once you detect that grains of sugar start melting and get a caramel or chocolate color.
- Continue both heating and stirring until the ingredients used for making smoke bombs get liquefied.
- Pour the prepared liquid onto a piece of foil in smaller pieces. You can also give them any shape of your choice.
- Leave the smoke bomb to cool properly as it will help you peel off the foil later.
You can use these step-to-step instructions to make a good smoke bomb. Don’t forget to use the ingredients in an adequate ratio.